1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbs of fresh lemon juice
6 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
1/3 tsp thyme
1/3 tsp oregano
Pepper and Salt to taste
- Rinse swordfish under cold water and pat dry. Combine ingredients in a zip lock bag and marinade swordfish for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to high heat, remove swordfish from marinade and place on hot grill for 4-5 minutes, turn and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Sicilian Style Swordfish
4 – 6 oz swordfish steaks
2 TBS olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely chopped
¼ cup pitted oil-cured black olives coarsely chopped
2 TBS salted capers, well rinsed and coarsely chopped
¼ cup dry white wine
Crushed red pepper to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Basil, roughly torn for garnish
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium – high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is brown (3-4 minutes) remove from heat.
- Add sundried tomato, olives, capers, wine and crushed red pepper, let wine reduce slightly and transfer to a bowl.
- Lightly season swordfish with salt and pepper and place in pan.
- Return pan to medium – high heat, cover and cook 3 minutes per side.
- When swordfish is browned on both sides, cover with sauce and warm.
- Sprinkle with roughly torn basil and serve.
Lynn's Seafood Chowder
Grilled Yellowfin Tuna